At Cuddington Croft Primary School, we aim to deliver an outstanding education for all our children. We can only achieve this if children have good attendance. Every child is entitled to an education. Parents and carers who do not ensure their children attend school regularly put their children’s future at risk.
We believe that regular attendance and punctuality at school is crucial for the academic and social development of the child. Irregular attendance and lateness will always affect a child’s achievement. Full and regular attendance at school is crucial for a child’s future life chances and establishes a positive work ethic early in life.
Summary of Procedures
Your child is ill
Contact the school office via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone the school on 020 8642 4325 before 9.00am on the morning of the absence or leave a message on the office answerphone and provide the school with an expected date of return.
If they are ill for more than one day, please email or phone in daily before 9.00am.
If your child has either vomiting or diarrhoea, they must stay away from school for 48 hours from the last bout. This is a recommendation from Public Health England to protect other pupils and staff. If a child is sent into school within the 48 hour period, we will contact the parents and ask for the child to be collected from school.
You have a medical or dental appointment
Please make every effort to avoid booking medical and dental appointments during school time. Where this is unavoidable parents should send an email to the school office and attach/scan one of the following:
● A copy of an appointment card/letter
● A copy of any prescription issued
● Evidence of any telephone consultation that you may have had – including the name of the doctor and the date and time the consultation took place
● Written permission from you for the school to make their own enquiries.
● Include the time you will need to collect your child
● Copy in the class teacher
Bring your child into school for the remainder of the day
Please email the school office via email@example.com if your child is going to be absent for one of the following reasons:
● Official religious observance
● Family bereavement
● Traveller child in process of travelling for the purposes of traveller employment
● Involvement in a public performance;
● ½ day for 11+ testing
● Music/dance examinations
● Include the time you will need to collect your child if they are leaving part way through the day
● Copy in the class teacher
Exceptional Leave of Absence
Complete the ‘Request for Absence’ form from the office or our website and return to the office by hand or email via firstname.lastname@example.org .
We may ask for proof to validate your request.
All requests must be made at least two weeks in advance so that appropriate consideration can be given.
You will be informed whether the absence will be recorded as authorised or unauthorised and contacted to request a meeting with a member of SLT if required. This could result in a fixed penalty – please see the Attendance Policy for more information.